Enhance your capacity in the field that you are passionate about while helping PIRS to serve the need of vulnerable populations in Vancouver.
We have several positions available:
VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PACIFIC IMMIGRANT RESOURCES SOCIETY (PIRS) is a non-profit agency that provides services for immigrant women and their preschool aged children. We are looking for a volunteer to work in the office one or two days a week to assist the office staff with a variety of administrative tasks.
- updating forms and other documents
- completing summary reports of participant questionnaires and programs evaluations
- filing program documents
- organizing the materials in the PIRS resource library
- coordinating the production and distribution of the PIRS quarterly newsletter
- producing other promotional materials such as flyers, brochures and posters
- updating the PIRS website
- assisting with special events, e.g., Annual General Meeting, International Women`s Day
- other duties as required
- experience with office systems and equipment
- computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- aptitude for technology including website maintenance using WordPress
- strong organizational skills
- ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- attitudes and values in keeping with the goals of PIRS
- second language an asset
Maliha Mayeed – Office Administrator
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 604 298-5888 ext. 22
MEMBER AT LARGE – BOARD DIRECTOR
Duties – Members-at-large, in partnership with other Board members, work to ensure the good governance and strategic advancement of the Society. Duties include: participating in monthly meetings of the Board of Directors; staying informed about all Board issues and issues related to the immigrant/refugee sector; actively participating in strategic planning and Board evaluation activities; acting as an ambassador for PIRS in the community.
Relevant professional/practical skills and experience as deemed desirable by the Board Development Committee; past service as a Board Director/member of a non-profit organization desirable.
Time commitment: 2-year term with option to renew; 5 – 7 hours per month
Mariam Bouchoutrouch – Executive Director
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: 604 298-5888 ext. 27