Come to our IWNT February Meeting
Following the success of our January 15th meeting, we are eagerly inviting you to this month’s Immigrant Women Networking Table (IWNT) meeting. We anticipate another fun evening of socialising, learning and inspiration. Please see details about the event:
Date and Time: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 @ 5:30 to7:30 pm.
Venue: Multipurpose Room, Sunset Community Centre (6810 Main Street, Vancouver)
Guest Speakers: Once again, we are fortunate to have two accomplished women who are offering their time and knowledge for this evening. Sally Rudolf and Rebekah Mahaffey will be sharing their thoughts and experiences about networking in Canada, and provide tips on navigating the social scene.
- Sally Rudolf has been a director at Pacific Immigrant Resources Society for three years. She is a public sector lawyer with an academic background in Asia Pacific policy studies and a volunteer background in a number of social justice projects. Formerly, Sally taught English in Thailand and Japan.
- Rebekah Mahaffey works as a Social Policy Planner with the City of Burnaby. She has volunteered as a Fund Development Committee Member and as a Board Member with PIRS. Rebekah has worked for over a decade in the ‘diversity and inclusion’ sector, and has lived in Indonesia, Libya and England. Originally from Calgary, she settled in Vancouver eight years ago and is really enjoying the West Coast.
RSVP and other considerations:
- Help us plan a successful event by sending your RSVP on or before Friday, February 7, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childminding for young children is available for those who request it in advance. Please indicate in your RSVP if you are bringing children and their ages.
- Light refreshments will be served.