PIRS provides childcare for the young children of women attending all our programs. We offer a warm and friendly place for children to learn English and make new friends.
The goals of the ECE Programs are:
- To introduce children to what is often their first group experience in a supportive and culturally appropriate environment
- To help children feel comfortable being away from their parents and in the care of adults from outside the immediate family
- To promote children’s sense of self esteem and their pride in their cultural heritage
- To encourage children to learn how to make choices and to share and cooperate with other children
- To provide children with opportunities to develop and thrive in the following areas: Social/Emotional, Cognitive, Physical, Language and Spiritual Development
- To prepare pre-schoolers for successful entry into kindergarten
Our staff are multilingual. The range of languages spoken includes: Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian. Hindi, Ukrainian, Indonesian, Punjabi, Italian, Hebrew, Farsi, Arabic, Portuguese, Tagalog, Dari, Polish, Romanian.
Please call 604.298.5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility and registration information.
To view our program schedules visit our PIRS Program Calendar.