PIRS closure due to COVID-19
Pacific Immigrant Resources Society (PIRS) is closely monitoring the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Public Health Canada websites to keep up to date with the latest information on the corona virus. According to these websites, the risk of spread of this virus in BC communities remains low at this time, but things could change rapidly.
Our top priority is to ensure the safety of all our staff members, volunteers and program participants and to help minimize the spread of the virus through social distancing. Therefore, effective immediately, all our programs are canceled until further notice. The PIRS office will be closed as well, but staff members will be working remotely to answer questions and offer any assistance via email or phone.
In this time of uncertainty, we all need to do our best to Flatten the Curve:
WHAT TO DO:
– Wash your hands >20 seconds with soap and warm water.
– Avoid crowds.
– Cancel all non-essential travel anywhere.
– If you can work from home, do so!
– Get a flu buddy (aka ‘pandemic pal’) and make back-up plans for care of children, pets, and those in need of special assistance
– Look beyond yourself. At all times, be kind to each other and be mindful of other people’s worries.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
– Do not touch your face.
– Do not attend non-essential public gatherings.
– Do not hoard masks, or essential supplies beyond your family’s need.
– Do not shake hands; get creative with zero-contact greetings.
– Do not go to work if you are in any way sick.
– Do not go to the doctor without calling ahead.
To get the most up-to-date information, go to https://www.canada.ca/public-health
We will reach out with any changes regarding PIRS programs and operations, as things progress. Stay safe!