Join the Board
PIRS is constituted under the Societies Act of the Province of British Columbia (Societies Act BC). The Board acts in a position of trust for the community and represents the interests of the community serving as a link between the community and the Society.
The PIRS volunteer Board of Directors (Board) is responsible for making high-level leadership decisions based on PIRS’ vision, mission, values, strategic direction, and the best interest of the Society.
The Board of Directors are elected by the PIRS membership at the Annual General Meeting.
Why join our board
- Certify your commitment to enabling the active participation of immigrant women and children in Canadian community life
- Have a voice in the work that we do
- Network with other Board members and community key players
- Vote in our Annual General Meeting for the election of PIRS Board members
- Participate in PIRS events
For more information, read our Board Member posting.
If you are interested in joining the board, please email: email@example.com