Oct 4, 2023 – Mar 27, 2024
6 – 8:30pm
Online via Zoom
Higher Intermediate (CLB 6-7)
Download the program flyer in PDF format.
Are you a skilled immigrant or refugee woman? Are you interested in honing your skills to increase employability? We can help you set and achieve your career goals in 2023!
PIRS Building Bridges program is designed to help you:
- Enhance your employability by building professional leadership, digital literacy, and financial literacy skills
- Understand your strengths to build healthy self-esteem and confidence
- Practice and hone fundamental communication and collaboration skills
- Sharpen public speaking, presentation and facilitation skills
- Build a network of support
- Set meaningful goals for your career in Canada
In addition to weekly sessions, you will work on a personal project that aligns with your professional and career goals. This project will take approximately 20 hours to complete over the course of the program. At the end of the program, the group will collaborate to organize the Immigrant Women’s Graduating & Networking Conference, where you will present your projects and outcomes. This is a unique and practical experience that will help you hone your communication, public speaking, and presentation skills in a supportive learning environment.
Who it’s for
This program is best suited for immigrant and refugee women with higher Intermediate level English (CLB 6-7).
How to apply
To register for this program, please complete the registration form here. If you have any questions or need assistance with your application, please contact us using one of these ways:
Or use the form below.
Building Bridges Inquiry Form
“More than anything, Building Bridges help us to build the strength and confidence we need to face the difficulties of our daily life. Also, the program worked as a bridge between us and the community we intend to serve.”
– Building Bridges program participant