Our Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan
Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society that honours the strengths of diverse women and empowers their contributions.
Our mission is to deliver accessible, inclusive, low-barrier programs for immigrant and refugee women and their children that create a sense of belonging, meaningful participation and leadership.
Our values are:
- Inclusion: We use an intersectional approach to consider the ways that gender, sexuality, race, class, ability, religion, culture or other identities affect immigrant and refugee women’s lived experiences.
- Community: We believe that we are stronger together. We value working collaboratively with a community of people and partners who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- Compassion: We meet women, their children and families where they are at, with kindness, and care. We build on their strengths, and embrace their unique talents, interests, and accomplishments.
- Empathy: We listen deeply to and respect immigrant and refugee women, their children and families. We believe that women are the experts in their own lives. We do what it takes to respond, and our approach is adaptable.
- Accountability: We prioritize ongoing learning and growth for both ourselves and our participants. We constantly seek out new ways to be effective using research-based methodologies, and evaluation. We are accountable to the communities we serve and recognize opportunities for growth.
- Courage: We strive to be forward-thinking and always ask if there is a better way to do things. We push our proven approach with new, innovative ways to respond to community needs. We work at the margins and find a way to fill in the gaps.
Strategic Plan 2022 – 2025
Attract and retain qualified people who live our values
- Retain our people by supporting their growth and development
- Invest in our people
- Build the capacity of our board and volunteers
Strengthen PIRS brand
- Build PIRS’ communication and marketing capacity
- Develop our brand to ensure consistent messaging across the organization
- Increase awareness of PIRS with stakeholders
Deliver responsive programming
- Pursue research activities to achieve PIRS’ vision and mission
- Cultivate our culture of evaluation
- Leverage partnerships to enhance outreach and bridging of immigrant and refugee women to key services
Build a culture of abundance
- Improve PIRS infrastructure by investing in administrative and organizational systems
- Diversify our funding
- Steward PIRS’ donor relationships